Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Family Names

I'm inspired by Rebecca's quest to rename her family members for her blog (highmaintenanceaspirations). I used to use my kids' real names...then, I changed it to their first initials...makes it easier to type, I guess, but not that, um, interesting!

Therefore,

My son shall henceforth be called Sharkbait, after his obsession, sea creatures, and one of his favorite movie characters, Nemo.




My elder daughter shall be named SweetSong, because she has started singing praise songs with daddy playing on the guitar. I also caught her singing her own melody one day...something like "shine, shine, shine, shine, shine, like Jesus, like God"...very cute. Very goofy, too!




And my younger daughter shall be called Snuggie, because she's snuggly. Incidently, I got a pink Snuggie for Christmas! (Please ignore her 80s looking hair. I have no clue what's up with that.)




Hmmm, I don't think I'll name hubby...but if I did name him, I'd dub him Soundbyte, or something like that, since he's musically inclined...



And me, I'm just *Sunny* :)

5 comments:

Rebecca D said...

I love the names... how come you had such an easy time with this??

sunnykim said...

oops, realized i used sweetsong's pic twice! hehe. guess i really like that one...

um...it started with sharkbait's name, easy peasy. then i was looking around my bedroom and my eyes landed on my pink snuggie. AHA! perfect! and then, i just HAD to choose an "s" name for elder daughter...mentally went through recent memories of her...came up with sweetsong...

or was your question rhetorical, rebecca? hehe.

Rebecca D said...

not rhetorical.. names have been a problem... but it's only because my family has an opinion on this

Rebecca D said...

PS... I love the new look!

sunnykim said...

you inspire me, sista!