Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3 vs. 1

This is the first time I'm participating in Gratituesday from the Heavenly Homemaker's blog.

Here goes:

I'm so thankful that Hubby took Sharkbait and SweetSong to a neighboring Air Force base this morning. Yes, that's a four-hour drive there and back. They'll be back around dinnertime. No, I don't know what he was thinking, but I'm still glad he did it :)

It was a nice, relaxing morning to be alone with Snuggie. She cracks me up! I'm working on colors with her (still). I read the cover of a book out loud: The Little RED Hen. I asked the Snugster: What color is the hen? She said: ORANGE. Alright, here's the cover of the book. The book is old. The colors are faded. The hen does look orange, doesn't she?



(Those are her wee toes to the left of The House that Jack Built. Standing on the coffee table? Tsk, tsk!)

The blue books are from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library thing. If you have kids under 5 and you live in TN, you can sign up at the library to receive one free book a month! Yee-haw!

When Snuggie brought one of the books over to the couch where I was waiting for her, I said, "Oh, your favorite!" She replied, pointing to herself with great vigor, "I [insert her name here]!!!" I guess she thought I had said, "You're Favorite", like it's a name.

I let her take one picture on the camera. Her first. This is me, sitting on the floor in the hallway. See?

2 comments:

Rebecca D said...

Snuggie looks way too grown up in that last photo... so, so cute, but makes me a little sad...

Rosie B. said...

First, I agree with Rebecca, Snuggie looks way too grown up.. where does time go.. seriously??? It's a beautiful picture with a beautiful little girl! Second, I have to give your husband a hand, taking two kids four hours away.. that's a brave man! Last but not least, don't you just enjoy one on one time?