Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas in Northern New York

Highlights of Christmas


(I believe they are okay to recount until the end of January; after that, I would've missed the boat.)

1. V called my mom "my mom" or "mom-mom". This is because I told her that grandma is my mom. It was the cutest thing ever!






2. H learned to navigate stairs and it was (of course) very difficult to keep her away from them. (We don't have stairs in our house.) Also, she was intensely interested in the cats and would pursue them even after being swiped by them.







3. J loves to go to Grandma's house because she makes waffles with butter. He also likes her home-made bread with butter. Any complex carb with butter is appreciated, in fact!!!



(No pic, bummer!)


4. We had a visit by my dear friend and her hubby. I call her Master Chef because she directed all us sous-chefs in making a delicious Korean meal. More friends from our time in Korea joined us for the meal.





5. My sis and her boyfriend came to visit, too! He made an absolutely delightful buche de noel. We used it as a birthday cake for Grandma, V, and Grandpa, all with January birthdays!





6. and, of course, there was the playing in snow!!!






7. Then there was the flight back home with the girls...another story completely...ha!!!



Hope your Christmasses were just as bright!!!

1 comment:

Mr. Kim said...

Dear Sunny,
I think you are totally AWESOME!!!! It was very good to see old friends and family. Grandpa Quiring was able to see his grand-children (our kids). I was able to take my first road trip with Judah. We learned a lot about each other and had fun being guys. I think you and I made much progress with each child as they learned or practiced new skills.
Judah knows John 3:16 by memory. Victoria got better at listening. Hosanna wants a Stairmaster for her birthday- lol. We were able to take a date night and watch Fiddler on the Roof.
I think this Christmas was special and important. I especially enjoyed our time together.

Affectionately,
your Steve