Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fly in the Sky; Flew in the Skew?

V, H and I made it safely to Mom's house. We flew. Yes, it was crazy!

First off, we barely made it to the airport on time. Hubby and J drove us (well, Hubby did the actual driving). I was ready to present all liquids and gels, which included two sippy cups, a jar of baby food, and lip gloss. But they just shooed me in. I got to go through the security line for families with kids (read: take all the time you need; it's crazy for all of us!)

In front was a woman with three older children, who was very sympathetic to my plight. I had to plop H on the (nasty) floor to collapse the stroller. V walked through the metal detector like an old pro, though! And the family behind us had a wee baby with lots of gear to dismantle. I didn't feel rushed at all :)

We ran to our gate and were the last folk to board. I observed my fellow passengers'faces to see if they were wary of my children. But most seemed friendly, or at least apathetic.

We did great until we started the descent. One minor dip and V lost a small portion of her breakfast. That was fun to clean up. I used all but one of my baby wipes. What was I thinking? I'm thankful my girls decided to wait to get to Grandma's before pooping.

We had a nice, relaxed, long layover in Detroit. But the girls were getting antsy by the time we boarded. I was hoping for nappy-nappy time, no crying-rying time. And all three of us got shut-eye!!! Woo-hoo!

Unfortunately, V was still sound asleep when we landed and nearly had a meltdown when I tried to get her to walk off the plane. Thankfully she woke up when the 20 degree cold hit us as we de-planed.

H was good overall. I discovered, though, that she throws things when she's tired.

Well, we made it! Bless the Lord! We're going to have fun in the snow, with Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie and Daddy and J (when they arrive next week).

Love ya'll!

3 comments:

PASwansons said...

good for you, what an adventure!!!

mrsbuckett said...

I'm glad to hear things went OK and you were able to find joy in the little things. Glad you're enjoying the snow too! We've been marveling at the big flakes here in Cleveland. :) Let it snow let it snow let it snow! (And may Judah and Steve get there safely and smoothly)

Jenni Bivins said...

Yeah!!! I'm so happy I found your blog. I will be checking it out all the time. I love seeing pictures and reading what my friends are up to. Can't wait to read your next post. By the way, I loved the ugly sweater party, and it was so neat to see Judah writing words! Wow! I bet you were amazed. That's impressive. He has an amazing mom. I loved him setting on the exercise ball. That's a great abdominal workout!