Thursday, December 11, 2008

the ugly christmas sweater party



We went to our first ever ugly Christmas sweater party this past weekend. (This explains the shoulder pads in my 3rd-grade-elderly-teacher-quality sweater and my poofy, red headband.) It was fun going to Goodwill with a few girlfriends to pick out our families' clothing! But shoot, my kids just looked plain adorable in their "ugly" outfits, so commented everyone. You can't see hubby's sweater well, but it has a Mickey Mouse embroidered on it. Mickey is wearing a scarf; this is why it's Christmas-y/winter-y.

i'm hoping that next year's party's theme is "Christmas sweatshirts with puffy paint, glitter and/or sequins, reindeer preferable".

2 comments:

PASwansons said...

I'm so glad you're doing this again. I love reading them and hearing about your family. And yes, the kids do look adorable even in their ugly sweaters!

Heather said...

I think those parties are so funny but I have often wondered, where does one find an ugly Christmas sweater?